Vikings defensive end Jared Allen is a hillbilly. But I love him. Why? Because in this day and age of egotistical pro atheletes that whine about being "disrespected," Jared Allen is a guy who can laugh at himself. He gets it.
And he has a fantastic mullet.
Jeff
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Love it, Jt. I'm with you.
Party with 2 r's.
Business up front, party in the rear!
CD - since I had not bought any Viking apparel since a Cris Carter jersey in 1994, I thought it was about time to make another purchase. What did I buy? I Jared Allen shirt. No question.
Gilby - this is the haircut that I was trying for at Eau Claire Memorial, circa 1983. Maybe without shaved "lines" and a little less forehead, however. Today, I have the forehead.
"someone asked if you want extra mayonnaise, you have to say yes". classic. could you picture him rolling with the purple people eaters? him and keith millard. in my opinion, only two throwback vikings I can think of that would have mixed with those bad asses back in the glory years.
tony - the mayonnaise line was my favorite from the clip. I agree that Allen is one of the few players that I could see playing in virtually any era. From a defensive perspective, I can't come up with many others.
On offense, Adrian Peterson is a current Viking that I could see playing back in the '70's because of his running style.
What if he wasn't a Viking?
Hey dools - I'd probably admire his style of play and his sense of humor. But I'd think he was a hick.
In all honesty, the older I get, I just like players who seem to be having fun playing the game. There are too many guys who "pout" or look sullen or angry because they feel like they have been "disrespected."
Or the players who are smiling and yucking it up with their opponent after getting destroyed on the field. My bad, that's the entire Lions roster!
Post a Comment