In my opinion, the 1987 film Raising Arizona is the second-finest Coen Brothers movie behind The Big Lebowski. The outstanding quotes that are applicable to every day life in this movie are endless. The following 1-minute scene contains the quote that I use from a movie more often than any other,. If I had a dollar for every time that I used the John Goodman phrase - "So many social engagements.........so little time," I could retire.
Check out the look on Hi's face (Nicholas Cage) after he asks his wife (Holly Hunter) if he can skip the upcoming "get together" and go knock back "a couple of Coca-Cola's" with the boys." Priceless.
What a movie.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Blast From the Past - Raising Arizona
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We're having some decent friends over.
Joe Mauer MVP post, please.
CD - I hope to have some time tonight or Wednesday night to write about that very subject!
Post a Comment