Friday, November 21, 2008

Last Gopher Game at Metrodome

Saturday's game against Iowa is the last Minnesota Gopher football game in the Metrodome, where they have been playing since 1982 . The Star Tribune has an article in today's edition about the tenure of the Gophs in the Dome.

Therefore, I thought it would be a good time to list my favorite Minnesota Gopher football memories during their stay in the Dome. Here they are:





Thanks,

Jeff

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I needed that.

I was at the U the year they moved to the dome and it was really a shock to the system.

Of course during the timeouts the scoreboard and P.A. system would play commercials (not a big thing now of course, but this was new stuff back in 1983).

During the first few games the band would fire up and drown out the commercials so that you couldn't hear them whenever they came on. It was great until after about the 3rd or 4th game the suits complained and the band was prohibited from doing that anymore. Right then and there I knew the Dome experiment was a failure and that the collegiate atmosphere was gone. I guess I just didn't know it would take 25 years to fix.

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. that was good.

tony8489 said...

"we like it here"