
August 20th, 2009:
We live in a world in which Packer fans hate Brett Favre.
We live in a world in which Viking fans love Brett Favre.
We live in a world in which Packer fans are mocking Brett Favre and calling him a redneck.
We live in a world in which Vikings fans are calling Brett Favre the savior of their football team.
We live in a world in which Packer fans are burning Brett Favre jerseys.
We live in a world in which Viking fans are buying Brett Favre jerseys faster than stores can stock them.
I want to know what the hell is going on.
Jeff
6 comments:
Probably Obama's fault.
I want to know what the hell is going on too! It seems that good, decent, thoughtful, law-abiding people get no attention and all the wacky, unbalanced ones get all the breaks and their own television shows. In general, people's priorities are really screwed up. It's scary...
Thanks for the note anonymous. What you are saying is true but, right or wrong, it has always been this way.
I once heard a sociologist explain that societies have always been enraptured by those who "take our mind off of the rigors of real life." Those individuals usually receive a lot of attention and are also generally well-compensated. This goes back centuries.
In today's world, this includes athletes, rock stars and Hollywood celebrities. Unfortunately, quite a few of these individuals are wing-nuts and even bad people. We rarely hear of the athletes, rock stars and Hollywood celebrities that are actually good people. It doesn't sell. Michael Vick and Brittany Spears "sell," though.
It's sad, but it's the way it is.
200,000 #4 jerseys sold in New York last year. Enough profit to support 15 families.
I am looking forward to seeing the man do a Joe Theismann while in a vikings uniform.
guess who...gumshoe...
taxman 179 - I have to admit that I am fairly stumped. I checked out your blog, however, and according to your profile you like Neil Young. That means you are an OK guy.
Now, I swear I recognize the Joe Theismann comment from a certain cook out on Friday night.
Taxman 179 - are your initials "SE" ????
Sharp as a tack...you are...
Post a Comment