Monday, April 13, 2009

Possible 2010 Twins Uniforms

There was an interesting article in yesterday's Star Tribune about possible changes to the Twins uniforms when they open their new ballpark in 2010. Now, I am usually not a fan of a team changing uniforms every few years (Timberwolves) or just for the hell of it (Vikings - horrible), but the Twins have worn their current uniforms since 1987, and opening a new ballpark is probably a good time to make a change. It sounds as if changes will be made, so here are my recommendations, just in case Jerry Bell and Dave St. Peter are reading this (no question they are). As you will be able to tell, I am definitely "old school" when it comes to baseball uniforms. I believe in "back to the future:"

1. Hats. Go with dark blue (or black) only for both home and away games with the "TC" logo. That logo is fantastic. Drop the road "M."

2. Batting Helmets. Either all black with the "TC" logo or the 1970's "Butch Wynegar special."

3. Home Uniforms. All home uniforms must be white. I prefer the old school 1960's uniforms with the black and red "Twins" script. I like the pinstripe for home uni's. The Minneapolis-St. Paul "shaking hands logo" HAS to be on the sleeve. I will lose my mind if they don't retain that logo. I will also lose my mind if they don't GET RID OF THOSE RIDICULOUS SLEEVELESS 3rd JERSEYS." They. Are. Horrible. They should simply copy this:

4. Road Uniforms. Road uniforms must be gray. I would ditch the pinstripes and go with solid gray with a red and black "Minnesota" script across the front (instead of Twins like below).

5. Shoes. White. No - just kidding. Black.

So there you go. There are my hopes for a 1960's look when the Twins move back outside in 2010. What do you think? Back to the 1970's Hosken Powell "powder blue" road uniforms?? Let me know.

Jeff

5 comments:

Kim Kosmatka said...

Jeff, I had no idea you were such a Fashionista!

Jeff said...

Kim - totally. This stuff is very important.

Freealonzo said...

That gray road Twins uni is the Bomb!

I love the red outlining the blue in the Twins script.

dave m said...

Where do you stand on Sturupps?

jerry said...

The only thing I'd change from your suggestions is -

Home jerseys - White with blue (or black) pinstripes and just the TC logo on the front left chest. Minneapolis/St. Paul shaking hands logo on right sleve.

No powder blue ever please.