Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Vikings Uniforms - Old vs. New

In my last post, I noted one very important thing the Minnesota Vikings need to do in order to get their mojo back is to ditch their "new" uniforms and go back to the "old school uni's." Freealonzo asked a good question in the comments section about what the the difference is. Here you go:

"New (arena football, pajama-like) uniforms:"

"Old uniforms (currently worn twice a year):" As can be seen, the purple is darker, the facemask is grey and the stripes on the sleeves are old-school. The new uniforms, in fact, don't have stripes on the sleeves. Also, the stripes on the pants are old school instead of looking like a little purple tornado. The new uniforms are not progress, folks. I am only looking out for the best interests of the team. Basically, here is the look I am going for:

This, to me, is as important as a new stadium. Something needs to be done, and I know Zygi Wilf is reading this.....

9 comments:

dools said...

The Purple Pants were FABULOUS!

Jeff said...

Dools - I can sense the sarcasm in that. And I agree. Purple pants should only be worn on the road with white jerseys, which they did for a couple years back in the 1960's. Never at home.

Is there no sense of fashion??

tony8489 said...

just keep the look from the old days. love that picture of the PPEs

freealonzo said...

Um, I don't think the uniforms are going to help this team right now.

Jeff said...

I agree, Free. I agree.

I have a feeling Zygi Wilf is not too happy these days.

freealonzo said...

Hey Jeff, would these be better?

http://lulzimg.com/i8/d357f26f.png

Jeff said...

ah........no.

dools said...

Zygi in LA? Touring LA Live. Is this a power play by Zygi or is it for real?

Jeff said...

Dools - I don't blame him. Minnesota politicians won't do anything until they have the proverbial gun to their head.

Not a real good time for new billion-dollar stadiums with the economy, however...